Life Lately

Hey everybody! Here's what I've been up to lately, in a new format I'm trying out...

READING: To the End of June
After four years of tutoring and two student teaching placements, I've seen dozens of children in varying foster care situations. I'm halfway through the book, and I've already gained so much insight from Cris Beam's thoughtful investigation of the American foster care system. In addition to informing my teaching practices, I find it especially engrossing because I've always wanted to foster/adopt children (that is, billions of years from now when I am a Real Adult).

WATCHING: American Horror Story
This season of American Horror Story is a masterpiece (and not just in comparison to the utter trash that was last season, Freak Show). Hats off to Lady Gaga, who is one of the many wildly talented lead actresses this season. That said, anybody with a dislike for completely implausible plots and occasionally gratuitous gore should steer clear.

EATING: Zoodles
Who knew a little handheld device could turn zucchini into delicious, healthy noodles?! I am officially on the hunt to spiralize every similarly-shaped vegetable I can get my hands on.

LISTENING: NPR Politics Podcast
This excellent podcast is hosted by NPR political reporters Sam Sanders (no relation to Bernie) and Tamara Keith, and generally features at least two other similarly-credentialed guests on each episode. It first became a favorite of mine during my daily commute, 90% of which is spent underground with no internet access and often too crammed to comfortably read news on a device. While I have no particular commute at the moment, things have obviously been heating up as primaries approach, and this podcast provides lighthearted yet thoughtful analysis of recent political events.


LOVING: The Dogist
The Dogist is, essentially, the dog version of Humans of New York. While I greatly enjoy HoNY (particularly the insightful project with inmates this week, which can be found here), I am loving all the precious pups featured here.

DOING: EdTPA
I'm officially getting down to business and conquering EdTPA. Apologies if I am somewhat MIA this week.

That's all for now!
-Tascha

Comments

Popular Posts